When your friend brings by some fresh scones and homemade strawberry peach and raspberry lime jam...your day just got a lot better! Here are her yummy jam recipes...
Strawberry Peach Jam
1/4 cups crushed strawberries
2 cups finely chopped peaches
1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
1 (2 oz.) box MCP Pectin
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1. Wash and rinse plastic containers with tight fitting lids. There are freezable glass jars and that is what she used. Make sure it says freezable. Use 1-2 cup sized containers.
2. Wash, stem, and crush berries using a potato masher for best results. Peel, pit, and finely chop peaches. Do not puree the fruit, jam should have bits of fruit.
3. Measure EXACT amount of prepared fruit and lemon juice into large bowl.
4. Measure EXACT amount of sugar into a separate bowl. Reducing sugar amount or using substitutes will result in failures.
5. Gradually stir in 1 box MCP pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly. Set aside for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to dissolve pectin thoroughly.
6. Pour 1 cup light corn syrup into fruit mixture. Mix well. This prevents sugar crystallization during freezer storage.
7. Stir sugar in gradually. Stir constantly until sugar is COMPLETELY dissolved and no longer grainy.
Raspberry Lime Jam
4 cups raspberries, crushed (pulse in a food processor)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 package (45g) freezer pectin
zest of 2 small limes
1. Stir sugar, zest, and pectin in a large bowl.
2. Add crushed raspberries and stir 3 minutes.
3. spoon into 6, 250ml preserving jars. Wipe clean and add lid and ring. Close tightly.
4. Let sit or 30 minutes so it thickens.